Grants to individuals for education purposes
We welcome applications for grants for education purposes.
What can you apply for?
- Tuition fees for further and higher education
- Maintenance support
- Educational equipment
- Travel costs
- Child care
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, you must
- Live in the Barnes catchment area. Click the map opposite to check
- Be able to demonstrate that you have a need for support and have exhausted other funding avenues. Please note, parental income will normally be taken into account where relevant.
Apply for an Education Grant
Click HERE to complete the online application form which you can then submit directly to us.
Please note that you can partially complete a form, save it and return to it later
If you plan to live away from home when you study, you will need to fill in a Student Finance form which you can get from our Executive Director.
If you have any questions, please contact our Executive Director:
Tel: 07484 146 802
When you submit the application form, you will receive an email confirming that the form has been received, along with a copy of the completed form.
Please note that in most cases, we will interview applicants in their homes.
If the grant is to cover course fees we will typically pay the grant directly to the college. However where the grant includes living costs, we will pay this directly to you in termly installments.
Please note that we are unlikely to support an application for post-graduate study. Although we may consider this if you can demonstrate that your employment prospects will benefit.
To find out if you are eligible, click the map to see the area we cover
Your data and how we treat it
Our guiding principles regarding information we collect about you:
- We only collect the data that we need in order to properly assess and respond to your situation
- We store your data securely so it cannot be accessed by anyone else
- We anonymise your data before our trustees review it, so they do not know your name or where you live
- If your situation requires a trustee visit, we will share your personal information, with your permission